Now Available to Groups Under 50 Employees
That’s good news for employers who need to offer New York State Disability Law (DBL) benefits! And as one of the few major insurance carriers offering Enhanced DBL coverage to groups under 50 employees, you know your customers can count on Guardian for:
- Quick, accurate and reliable claims administration
- Coordination with Guardian Long Term Disability to ensure early evaluation of short term claims for long term potential
- Generous discounts when cross-sold with another Guardian non-medical product
- The financial strength and stability* of a disability market leader
|Standard DBL||Enhanced DBL|
|Eligible Groups||Any size group||Less than 50 employees||50+ employees|
|Benefit Percent||50% of employee’s salary||50% or 60% of employee’s salary||50%, 60%, 66 2/3% of employee’s salary|
|Benefit Maximum||Up to $170 per week||Up to $700 per week
(Up to $500 per week for 2 – 9 employees)
|Up to $750 per week|
|Benefit Duration||Up to 26 weeks||Up to 26 weeks||Up to 26 or 52 weeks|
|Benefit Elimination||Benefits begin on the 8th day of disability|
Sample Rates – Groups Under 50 Lives
50% of salary up to $500/Week$6.26$5.77$67.80$62.28$13.90$12.76$149.28$137.52
|Stand-Alone||When Purchased with a Non-Medical Guardian Coverage||Stand-Alone||When Purchased with a Non‑Medical Guardian Coverage|
|50% of salary up to $250/Week||$3.49||$7.73||$3.14||$6.88||$37.80||$82.68||$33.72||$73.92|
|50% to salary up to $700/Week||$8.48||$7.87||$91.80||$85.08||$18.84||$17.46||$202.56||$188.40|
* Financial information concerning The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America as of 12/31/09 on a statutory basis: Admitted Assets = $30.9 Billion; Liabilities = $26.7 Billion (including $23.5 Billion of Reserves); and Surplus = $4.2 billion.
** Amounts above $500/week are limited to groups with 10 or more lives.
This Policy provides New York Statutory Disability Income Insurance only. It does not provide “basic hospital”, basic medical’, or “major medical” insurance as defined by the New York State Insurance Department. For more information please refer to policy, New York DBL Policy #GP-1-DBL. Benefits, coverage and eligibility are in accordance with Article 9 of the Workers’ Compensation Law under the New York Statutory Disability Benefits Law.
For more information please contact:
Victorson Associates, Inc.
The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY 10004 2010-7070 (8/10)